Home » » Biography William Blake (English Version)

Biography William Blake (English Version)

William Blake
William Blake was born on the 28th November 1757 in London where he remained for most of his life. He was educated at home by his mother until 1767 when he was sent to Henry Pars Drawing school. At the age of fourteen he became an apprentice to James Basire the engraver and after studying at the Royal Academy School he started to produce water-colours and engravings for magazines. In 1783 he married Catherine Boucher.

Some of Blakes earliest poems were written at the age of twelve and his first book of poems was produced in 1783 (Poetical Sketches), and this was later followed by (Songs of Innocence) in 1789, and (Songs of Experience) in 1794.

Love Secret (Paraphrase)

Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be,
For the gentle wind does move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart;
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears,
Ah! she did depart!

Soon as she was gone from me,
A traveller came by,
Silently, invisibly
He took her with a sigh.

Sick Rose (Criticize) 

O Rose, thou art sick!
The invisible worm
That flies in the night,
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment